Arguably one of the most beautiful targets in the night sky, the Rosette Nebula is a favorite target of many astrophotographers due to its symmetry and vivid colors.
The cluster of stars at the heart of the Rosette Nebula is fairly easy to find in binoculars but seeing the nebulosity requires a large telescope at a very dark site.
* Tap Toggle above for viewing information. [?]
* Locating: find Betelgeuse in Orion and Procyon in Canis Minor. Look halfway between them.
* Binoculars: view a small cluster of stars at the center.
* Telescope: view the cluster in greater detail. May not be possible to view nebulosity.
* Astrophotography: 'view' the nebula in color and lots of details.